Published: March 18, 2018
By: Felix Rodriguez, Equipment Specialist
An equipment specific checklist and maintenance log is key to having a consistent maintenance program.
Sings of poor maintenance
- Low equipment utilization due to unscheduled stoppages.
- High wait or idle time for machine operators during outages.
- Higher than normal repair costs due to lack of lubrication, and inspections.
Requirements needed for improvements
- Operation of equipment
- Proper lubricants at specific equipment locations
- Regular checking, measuring and adjusting equipment
- Replacement of old components